BALLOT REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Successful applicants will be contacted in due course.
It may seem like there isn’t a whole lot to be positive about in 2018, but amidst all the chaos there’s hope. David Byrne believes there are actually a lot of encouraging things going on around the world—they’ve given him hope and inspired a new record, and he’d like to share them with you. He’ll be presenting them live, by way of a talk and visual presentation.
Just like that Ian Dury song of the same name, Byrne’s Reasons to Be Cheerful use individual examples of positive action to give us a refreshing reminder that, despite the troubling times we live in, there are still a lot of great, inspiring things happening in our communities and around the world. Whether it’s a tech breakthrough or a musical act, a personal story of struggle against adversity or a major urban planning initiative – the good news is there’s a lot of it.
This talk forms just one part of Byrne’s prolific output that centres on this idea of hope—a rubric that ties together everything he does, from his new album American Utopia, to his writing, live shows, videos and even music playlists.
The talk will be followed by a short Q&A with David Byrne.
Terms and Conditions
- Successful applicants will be chosen at random from anyone who registers their interest before the closing date. You will be contacted via email with a unique link to purchase tickets. This link will only be valid for 24 hours.
- Due to the number of registrations, we regret that we will be unable to email unsuccessful applicants. If you haven’t received an email from us, you were unsuccessful.
- If successful and you do not claim your tickets, then another entrant will be chosen at random until all tickets are allocated.
- No purchase necessary for entry. Tickets are non-transferable. Management decision is final. This ticket lottery is not available to employees, friends or family of the Roundhouse.
- All tickets will be held at Box Office for collection on the night of the event. Please bring a valid form of ID that matches the name registered against the tickets.
- We will endeavour to accommodate any additional requests, however this may not always be possible due to limited availability.
At school I spent most of my time battling with my identity. My education started properly when I was 22 and I got more involved in music and theatre.ArA Read my story