The inaugural Global Latin American Voices showcases excerpts of plays by Latinx writers from around the globe, never before staged in the UK.
The readings will be followed by a post-performance conversation about the works featured and the common themes unearthed. Special guests soon to be announced.
Curated by Roundhouse producer and Head of Performing Arts, Malú Ansaldo, the selected works are:
- The Extraordinary Life translated by Laura Guidi, written by Mariano Tenconi Blanco (Argentina) and directed by Miguel Hernando Torres Umba
- The S.A.D Summers of Princess Diana by Carla Zuñiga (Chile), translated by Fran Olivares, directed by Julieta Kilgelmann
- The Ranch of the Lost Boys translated and written by Sebastián Eddowes_ (Perú) directed by Almiro Andrade
- La Jana by Juan Aguilera Justiniano (Chile), translated by Roberto Cavazos, directed by María José Andrade
- Nezahualcóyotl Dreams en Mictlan York by Xavier Villanova (Mexico), translated by Roberto Cavazos, directed by Pepa Duarte
About Global Voices
A platform for stories unheard: Global Voices is a theatre company working with international playwrights based outside the UK to showcase plays in translation and from the wider English-speaking world, through uniquely curated events.
You can follow Global Voices on Twitter @GlobalVoicesTh.
Fees are £2.20 per transaction
Running time: 2 hours including interval
Suitable for all ages. Under-16s must be accompanied by an adult
Latecomers will be admitted at a suitable break in the performance
A handful of tickets are available at just £5 each for GET IN members.