Our yearlong Resident Artists Programme facilitates the artistic development of outstanding emerging artists, between the ages of 18 and 25, as they establish themselves in their fields.
We recruit Artists in Music (all genres, sounds and styles including solo Artists, bands and collectives), Performing Arts (including, but not limited to, poets, spoken word artists, theatre makers and cabaret performers) and Circus.
Alongside masterclasses, networking opportunities and mentoring, the programme provides performance opportunities within the Roundhouse and across a wide variety of stages beyond our walls.
“Being a Resident Artist has helped me realise the scale of my ambition and given me an invaluable space to push myself”
Alongside training and mentoring, the programme provides performance opportunities within the Roundhouse and across a wide variety of stages beyond our walls.
• Artists must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on the 28th of May 2019.
• Application portal will close on Monday 15 April (23:59 pm)
• Artists must be available for the applicable Key Dates.
• Tuesday 12 March: Application portal opens
• Monday 15 April @ 10:00 am: Application portal closes
• Monday 29 April : Performing Arts auditions
• Tuesday 30 April: Music auditions
• Wednesday 8 May: Circus auditions
• Tuesday 28 May: 2019/20 Resident Artist Induction Day
What will I get from taking part?
As part of the programme we offer:
• Free Emerging Artist Membership
• Free access to well-equipped rehearsal spaces and professional equipment.
• Professional performance opportunities.
• Marketing training with professional advice on how to develop promotional tools, such as websites, photos, recordings and videos.
• Industry led workshops, seminars and networking opportunities.
• Skills support in response to individual Artist needs
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
The scheme is for artists aged 18-25 who have been involved in the Roundhouse Creative Programme; either through our creative projects and/or independently using our rehearsal spaces and our emerging artist membership scheme. We will consider applications from Artists who have not yet been involved in the Roundhouse Creative Programme, but can demonstrate a commitment to their Artistic and personal development.
With thanks to the following supporters including the The Garrick Charitable Trust