APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Calling all emerging musicians!
Want to work with a top producer to record a track?
Rising Sounds 2018 offers unsigned acts the opportunity to shape one of their tracks with some of the best producers in the UK.
What will I get from taking part?
By the end of the project you will:
- Meet and network with the other artists on the project.
- Spend a half a day working on pre-production of your track with a producer or songwriter
- Spend 2 days in a recording studio with an engineer and producer to record your track.
- Get free entry to our Artist Toolkit Day on Saturday 9th December and gain more knowledge and experience on what you can do to get your music heard.
- Get your professionally mastered track included in the Rising 2018 compilation album and receive an invite to the exclusive album launch at Roundhouse Rising Festival 2018. You can hear last year’s album here
Who will be teaching the project?
This year’s line-up of top producers includes visual artist and experimental musician GAIKA, Chris McCrory of indie band Catholic Action, songwriter, performer, and producer Laura Bettinson, aka Femme, funk sorceress and DJ Ronika, and producer Margo Broom who has worked with the likes of British rock band Fat White Family. We’ve also got local Camden producer and R&B/soul artist Levelle London, Bayoz Musik, who produced Look What the Cat Dragged In by Giggs, Triple O Productions producer Ozzie Ojo, Roundhouse classic/all-round legend Spider, and DJ, producer and label boss Hannah Holland. Watch this space for further announcements on who else will be working on the project this year!
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
You need to have a track you’d like to record and think would benefit from some professional input. In our experience, the tracks that come out best are when the selected artists are really keen to take on board the producer’s advice and ideas, as opposed to coming into the studio with a complete idea of what they want to do or stems for a nearly finished track. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with some incredible people.
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
We have amps, guitars, basses and drums here, but if you want to use your own, please feel free. Other than that, just an open mind and a willingness to craft some exceptional ideas.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.
Please note, we don’t recommend you apply for this project if you have done it before
Image: Little Simz performs at Rising Festival 2017. Nicki Eberl