Do you have an incredible short film idea? We can help you make it happen and get it screened at the Roundhouse!
We’re looking to support 3 emerging filmmakers to create new short films exploring social and political issues from their unique perspectives.
What will I get from taking part?
- £500 production budget for you to spend on making your film
- A professional mentor with industry experience and connections, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions.
- Additional in-kind support totalling £1300:
- Technical equipment – 2 day use of Roundhouse Studios’ filmmaking kit and resources (including cameras, lenses, lights, sliders and green screens)
- 2-3 days of dedicated support from the Roundhouse Digital Productions Team throughout the filmmaking process.
- The chance to showcase your film at a public screening event programmed by The Roundhouse.
- Free Roundhouse Emerging Artist Membership valid for 12 months from registration
Who will be teaching the project?
You will need to already have all the relevant skills necessary to make your film, this is an independent study programme.
You will be paired with an industry professional mentor, who will be able to share their experience and advice, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
To be successful you will need to have a strong film idea and the skills/experience you need to make it.
We’re open to all genres of films – from narrative to animation, documentary to experimental – but the film must be under 3 minutes long.
Your film should be about social and/or political issues from your perspective. It should reflect the time we are living in now and identify the issue(s) which are most important to you.
How to apply:
Please fill out the form below to apply. Along with the form, you’ll also need to send your treatment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the t’s and c’s and guide to writing a treatment in the downloads section of this page.
Applications close on 19th July 2021
- The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 19th July 2021
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview on the: 2nd or 3rd August 2021
- Final decisions will be made on the 6th August 2021
Films will have an 11 week production period and will need to be completed by 29th October 2021
Where is the project taking place?
Mostly on location of the film.
Interviews and meetings will either take place at the Roundhouse or on Zoom, depending on latest Government guidelines around Covid 19.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support..
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.
About the Film Fund
The fund aims to support a creative and innovative artistic approach to presenting socially relevant films that are entertaining, enlivening and inspiring for audiences. We want to offer a platform for open minded discussion, radical thinking and balance wherever possible, building on the heritage of Roundhouse as a platform for cultural revolution.
This fund was previously known as the Roundhouse Online Film Fund. As with it’s popular predecessor, the fund exists to support the next generation of filmmakers in creating dynamic, experimental content, with the added bonus of providing screening opportunities at Roundhouse festivals and shows.
The Film Fund is made possible by the support of the Ex Animo Foundation.