FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
We work closely with schools, colleges, pupil referral units and special schools across London to offer a range of supported creative learning sessions.
Our offer includes:
- Learning Resources – explore our selection of curriculum linked resources to engage pupils, students and individuals with Roundhouse history, creativity and more!
- Taster sessions – one-off creative workshops in music, performing arts or media, enhancing curriculum based work or introducing students to new art forms.
- Long term creative projects tailored to your school priorities
- Spaces and specialist equipment for lesson delivery including use of our professional recording studio
- Creative industry career insight sessions and tours of the Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios
- Attendance at your assemblies, careers days and option evenings
- Arts Award delivery advice
- Tickets for productions for our artistic programme
Workshops and projects are run by professional artist-tutors with industry experience and are designed in partnership with teachers. Previous workshops include:
- Logic Pro/Music production
- DJ skills
- Band and performance development
- Choir and vocal techniques
- Spoken word
- Drama – devising and performance
- Film production and editing
- Radio skills
If you are interested in organising a workshop, careers talk or tour at the Roundhouse, please click the button below.
Schools Request Form
“The tutors were brilliant and the students enjoyed themselves greatly – it was fantastic to see them perform their own poetry based on the ideas the tutors had shared.”
Our Teachers Network meets three times a year to share knowledge, develop skills and seek advice on cultural and creative projects and opportunities for schools and young people. It’s free to join and open to London-based teachers in schools of all art forms and phases from primary to further education.
- Attendance at meetings three times a year with practical creative CPD sessions
- Discounted tickets to shows and events
- Access to advice from industry leading creative professionals
- Chance to share knowledge and discuss challenges with peers
- Light refreshments provided at each meeting
Recent meetings have included workshops from spoken word artists Mark Grist and Cecilia Knapp, singer Osnat Schmool, film producer Claudia Lee, and actor/director Dominic McHale.