Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership (inclusive of Intro, Discovery, Champion, Icon, Legend, Producing Circle and Chairman’s Circle members) enables the Roundhouse Trust, registered charity number 1071487, to carry out its charitable objectives to provide young people aged 11-25 with creative opportunities, to produce and programme artistic shows, and maintain our Grade II* listed building. In return for supporting our charitable work, our members are thanked with a set of benefits commensurate with their level of support.
- Membership of Roundhouse lasts for a period of 12 months (+/- two weeks’ dependent on join date) unless specified otherwise at the point of purchase.
- Payment for membership covers a period of one year from the start date for a period of twelve months.
- Members can renew or upgrade their membership and update personal details at any time by contacting us via the ‘Ask a question’ icon at the bottom-right of every page on our website. You can also email us at email@example.com.
- When upgrading part-way through a membership, members must pay the full difference between the cost of their original membership and the upgraded membership regardless of how long is remaining of their current membership. Alternatively, members can pay for a new membership to begin that
day instead of upgrading their existing membership.
- Roundhouse Membership is an individual membership, and cannot be shared between two or more people, or across a company / organisation (the Roundhouse offers a Corporate Membership for this purpose).
- In order to deliver the benefits of your membership, the Roundhouse will use members’ personal details to contact them via email. In addition, as part of the benefits of our contract with members, the Roundhouse will send members details of forthcoming events at the Roundhouse, and information about competitions and other opportunities to take advantage of Roundhouse benefits which are exclusive to the membership. Members will be able to unsubscribe from email communications but if they do so, the Roundhouse may not be able to supply the members concerned with all of the benefits of membership. If this occurs no refund will be available.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to revoke memberships without a refund from supporters who are using their membership for commercial gain. This includes, but is not limited to, selling tickets for prices above face value; buying tickets during priority booking on behalf of someone else; lending any membership benefits, selling anything won via a Roundhouse membership competition.
- Members are entitled to the benefits as listed on the relevant membership pages of the Roundhouse website. Print materials are not an ongoing record of current membership benefits.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to change membership benefits during a members’ year of membership.
- Priority booking is not guaranteed for all shows at the Roundhouse. We always aim to secure priority booking for Roundhouse members. However, most music gigs staged at the Roundhouse are a commercial hire arrangement with a promoter. It is ultimately within the promoter’s discretion to offer a Members’ Priority Booking. Therefore, priority booking cannot be guaranteed.
- There are a limited number of tickets available in any priority booking window which are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Any priority booking windows offered to members will be for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Priority booking may be limited to selected levels of membership depending on the number of tickets available during the priority booking window. In this instance, ticket access will be given to the top membership levels of support first.
- The Roundhouse aims to inform members via email of any new announcements and priority booking windows in advance of tickets going on sale. This may not always be possible, for instance a promoter may decide to announce and commence ticket sales at the same time. It is the responsibility of the member to check their emails and/or Roundhouse website for announcements.
Fast-track to the Box Office
- Fast-track to the Box Office entitles Champion, Icon, Legend, Producing Circle and Chairman’s Circle members to enter the Roundhouse building to get to the box office. This does not entitle a member to enter performances spaces ahead of others once inside the building.
- Eligible members will receive an email 1-2 days prior to the performance date with information regarding the process.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to revoke fast-track entry for any show at our own discretion.
- To use fast-track entry to the box office you and your guests must hold valid tickets for the event taking place at the Roundhouse on that date.
- You and your guests will still need to pass through security after getting to the Box Office.
Complimentary Tickets and Sold-Out Events
- Supporters may be entitled to complimentary tickets depending on their level of membership and as per the benefits listed on the Roundhouse website.
- Complimentary tickets are offered to Roundhouse-produced shows, usually as part of a press night, preview night or a flagship event such as the Poetry Slam Final.
- Members at Legend, Producing Circle and Chairman’s Circle level have access to tickets for sold-out shows, as per the benefits listed on the Roundhouse website.
- Tickets for sold-out events are very limited and will be allocated at the discretion of the Roundhouse.
- The Roundhouse Membership team reserve the right to limit the number of tickets offered to members for sold-out events.
Waiting List for Sold-Out Events
- Discovery Members and above can register their interest to purchase tickets for sold-out events, using the “Join Waiting List” button which is displayed on the event page when tickets are not available. If tickets then become available Members will be notified and will have a minimum Priority Booking period of 1 hour.
- Once the Priority Booking period has finished, any remaining tickets will go on general sale.
- Supporters may be invited to various events depending on their level of membership.
- Members are asked to RSVP to event invites promptly, as there are a limited number of places which are offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Roundhouse staff may refuse entry to special events upon late arrival of a member if it is felt that it would cause disruption for other guests.
- Additional guests at supporter events are permitted at the Roundhouse’s discretion.
*For those memberships that include accreditation as a benefit, this accreditation will be added to the Roundhouse website, in publications and/or on site within a reasonable time frame as set by the Roundhouse.
- Onsite signage will be visible at all times unless for exceptional circumstances or during an external event hire.
- Accreditation may be removed during a membership year if a member brings their own or the Roundhouse’s reputation into disrepute.
- Supporters will remain anonymous on all accreditation sites until they confirm they are willing to be credited for their support and provide a name for accreditation.
- Accreditation can be requested for removal by a named member at any point within a membership cycle excluding pre-existing print. Removal from on site signage will be undertaken within a reasonable time frame as set by the Roundhouse.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that membership fees are paid to the Roundhouse.
- Membership donations and payments cannot be refunded after 14 working days of payment. If the membership benefits have been used within those 14 working days, Members’ will not be eligible for a refund.
- Membership fees cannot be refunded if a particular show does not have priority booking or if any supporter-exclusive spaces are not accessible.
- Membership fees, donations and benefits are set by the Roundhouse. We reserve the right to increase fees and/or alter the benefits according to market valuation and inflation.
- Direct Debit payments will be taken within six weeks of joining as a supporter or renewing support and on an annual basis from when the membership is due for renewal. Members will be notified prior to the payment of your renewal fee.
- Direct Debit payments must not be cancelled until full payment for the year’s membership has been collected.
- To cancel a Direct Debit paid membership, a member must notify the Roundhouse prior to the start of their renewal month.
- If there is any difficulty with collecting Direct Debit payments the Roundhouse will be in touch to attempt recollecting any payments due.
- Roundhouse reserves the right to change membership fees.
Members’ Bar Areas
- The Stage-side Members’ Bar is only accessible for Champion, Icon, Legend, Producing Circle, Chairman’s Circle and Corporate members.
- The number of guests permitted in the bar depends on the level of membership and is per the benefits as listed on the Roundhouse website. Additional guests are not permitted unless prior permission has been given by the Roundhouse Development Team.
- Upon arrival in the Members’ Bar, members must show their valid membership card to gain entry. We reserve the right to request photo ID alongside membership status as shown on the Roundhouse website (account page).
- Guests of members must be identified to a member of Roundhouse staff welcoming visitors and a Members’ Bar wristband collected.
- Members’ Bar wristbands must be worn at all times to allow access to the Members’ Bar.
- Belongings left in the Members’ Bar cloakroom are left at the owner’s personal risk.
- Entry to the Members’ Bar may be refused if the bar is at capacity. In this instance, the Bar will operate a one in, one out system.
- In the event that the Members’ Bar is going to be significantly over-capacity, the Roundhouse reserves the right to only allow higher level members into the Bar. In this instance, the membership team will inform supporters ahead of the event where possible.
- We regret that we cannot reserve spaces or seats in the Members’ Bar.
- Staff managing the Members’ Bar reserve the right to refuse entry or to eject any member and/or their guest(s) if they behave in a disruptive, threatening or abusive manner towards any person, damages or threatens to damage any property, or acts in a manner which – in the Roundhouse’s sole opinion – brings the Roundhouse into disrepute.
- Under 16s are not allowed in the Members’ Bar from 9.00pm onwards.
- As with any licensed bar, the purchase of alcohol will be restricted at the sole discretion of the Roundhouse based on the behaviour of the individual and/or their guest.
- All laws in relation to a licensed bar apply to the Members’ Bar.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to close the Members’ Bar for specific gigs and shows at our own discretion.
- The Members’ Bar cannot be used as an alternative viewpoint for wheelchair users due to Health and Safety limitations and evacuation procedure.
- From time to time an artist may take the choice to pull the drapes across the Members’ Bar, obstructing the view of the stage. This is solely at the artist’s discretion. We will notify members as soon as we are made aware of this decision, which is often taken during a sound check on the day of the event. The Members’ Bar will still be open providing the free cloakroom and access to purchase drinks from the bar. No refund for tickets or membership will be made under these circumstances.
Obligations of membership
- Whilst at a premises owned, operated or in official partnership with the Roundhouse, we request that members act in an appropriate manner so as not to cause offence or annoyance to other visitors, members and their guests. The member is also responsible for the behaviour of their guests and ensuring that they behave in an appropriate manner.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or, if necessary, to revoke membership without refund if an individual behaves in a disruptive, threatening or abusive manner towards any person at the Roundhouse, damages or threatens to damage any property, or acts in a manner which – in the Roundhouse’s sole opinion – brings the Roundhouse into disrepute.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to refuse admission to and/or eject any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately.
Termination of membership
- Membership at all levels may not be transferred from one individual to another in the case of divorce or legal separation. The membership will remain in the name of the original member. The Roundhouse will remain neutral and will not favour one individual over another in such circumstances.
- Upon notification of the death of a member, the Roundhouse will close the membership unless instructed to transfer to a named individual for the remainder of the annual membership period. Such transfers will be at the discretion of the Roundhouse.
- The benefits or accreditation associated with lifetime support in any capacity cannot be transferred and may only be used by the original, named individual for the duration of their lifetime.
- If payment of any membership fee has not been received by the Roundhouse within 42 days of the date of initiation, the membership will be terminated.
- In the event of any dispute arising as to the meaning or interpretation of these rules, the matter shall be referred to the Partnerships and Impact Director & Commercial Director whose decision shall be final.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Membership competitions are open to Roundhouse Members only. They must be residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee but you must be a Roundhouse Member to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the website, Twitter, Facebook and Email link or an emailed link to a competition page.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. If a member makes multiple entries all entries other than the initial one made will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be stated in the details of the competition offer. After the stated date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: * A link with competition details will be emailed to our Members * You must enter your name and Membership number (and any other details requested) * Click ‘Submit’ and your entry is complete
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the organiser.
- The Roundhouse is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with a competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software from all entries received which correctly answer the competition questions as verified by Roundhouse Membership Team.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The Roundhouse will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The Roundhouse’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Roundhouse and not to any other party. The Roundhouse will judge the competition and decide on the winner for each competition, which will be picked at random from all complete entries.
- The Roundhouse‘s decision as to those eligible to take part and to the selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The Roundhouse shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Roundhouse also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Any Gift Membership must be redeemed within 3 months of purchase. Any un-redeemed memberships after this time will be cancelled and no refund will be available.
- The recipient’s details can be amended or changed by the purchaser up until the time of activation. After this time, any amendments will have to go through the recipient.
- Any recipient who wishes to activate their membership must contact us to do so and confirm that they wish to accept membership. We cannot activate their membership at the request of another person due to data protection law.