What is the project about?
Next summer, Roundhouse will present The Last Word Festival a festival of spoken word, storytelling and live performance that all have a story to tell. Our 2020 festival will engage with the themes of migration and climate change.
We’re looking to support 4 emerging filmmakers to create new short films for the festival, exploring one or both of the themes of migration and climate change or the intersection of those themes.
What will I get from taking part?
• A professional mentor with industry experience and connections, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions.
• £500 production budget for you to spend on making your film
• Additional support totalling £1300:
• Technical equipment – 1 day use of Roundhouse Studios’ filmmaking kit and resources (including cameras, lenses, lights, sliders and green screens)
• 2-3 days of dedicated support from the Roundhouse Digital Productions Team throughout the filmmaking process.
• The chance to showcase your film at a public screening event during The Last Word festival.
• A free place on our upcoming spring Roundhouse Reel Talk sessions.
• Free Roundhouse Emerging Artist Membership valid for 12 months from registration
Who will be teaching the project?
You will need to already have all the relevant skills necessary to make your film, this is an independent study programme.
You will be paired with an industry professional mentor, who will be able to share their experience and advice, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
To be successful you will need to have a strong film idea and the skills/experience you need to make it.
We’re open to all genres of films – from narrative to animation, documentary to experimental – but the film must be under 5 minutes long.
Your film should be about social and/or political issues from your perspective. It should reflect one or both of the themes of The Last Word Festival – migration and climate change – and identify the issue(s) which are most important to you.
How to Enrol or apply:
To apply, please read The Last Word Film Fund Terms and Conditions and Treatment Guidelines (see downloads section), and email your completed application form and treatment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday 3rd January 2020
Interview Dates: w/c 27th January 2020
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support..
If you are using a bursary to pay for the project, please ensure you arrange this with the Advice Base with plenty of time before the start of the project.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs.“Get in touch (Get in touch)”: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/young-creatives/info-and-advice-base/ so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.