Self Made: Accelerator
Self Made Accelerator programme is a three month course specifically designed for businesses in the creative industries.
This is a development opportunity for creative entrepreneurs aged between 18 to 30. If you have been pursuing a creative idea, either on your own or as a small team, and you need that extra push to transform it into a sustainable career and business, this programme is for you.
Through weekly workshops, mentoring, pitch practice, peer to peer learning and free coworking membership, we will get you ready to take yourself and your creative business to places you’ve been dreaming about.
You should apply if:
- You have started your own creative business, be it part time or full time, but you don’t have a business plan or guidance on how to grow it.
- You have established a brand that distinguishes your goods or services from those of others, you have some traction through sales or customer engagement, but you don’t know how to create a cohesive brand identity so that your business can thrive and not just survive
- You are able to dedicate at least two days a week to the programme for its 12-week duration. One of those days will be mandatory and the other you’ll be expected to either work on your business or work on the programme workshop deliverables.
What is an example of who can apply?
- You’re a company of one, you’ve been making money out of your creativity and you think that you can scale it to a business that has employees. But you don’t have access to the right information and experts to help you do that.
- You want to turn your side hustle into your main hustle. Perhaps you run a blog with a partner, or you put on events with a colleague, perhaps you design and make your own clothes. Whatever it is you’re doing, it’s starting to gain traction and you think it can be a fully fledged business but you need help to make that happen.
How to apply
Please apply by filling out the following application form
If this is for you, and you are successful in getting a place, by the end of this programme you will have…
- Created a business plan
- Developed pitching skills and produced a polished deck
- The skills to talk to potential investors, partners and/or funding bodies
- Developed practical business skills from experienced mentors and experts
- Developed transferable skills, such as presenting, networking & collaboration
- Benefited from peer to peer learning and support
- Created opportunities to reach new markets and generated new leads
What is included in the Self Made Accelerator?
- A dedicated day every Tuesday for pitch training and curated workshops hosted by industry experts
- Free coworking membership to use throughout the week
- Participation in the Roundhouse Self Made Masterclass events at no cost
- A dedicated professional mentor
- One-on-one support from the Roundhouse team
- A Graduation Pitch Evening to showcase your new business skills and celebrate the next step in your creative career
- Post programme support through continued mentorship, coworking membership for an additional month and Self Made Accelerator Alumni Network
What dates do you need to know about?
- Online Application Closes: 6th March
- Shortlisted Candidates Will be Notified By: 13th March
- Shortlisted Candidates Interviews: Evenings of 16th, 17th and 19th March, Day of 20th March
- Start of Programme – Induction Day: 20th April:
- Weekly Workshops Begin: 21st April
- End of Programme and Demo Day: 7th July:
- Graduation Dinner : 14th July
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.