A collective of young writers and performers who meet weekly to create, experiment and develop their craft, under guidance from established and celebrated poets. The 17/18 collective had the opportunity to perform in two sharing’s, create their own original show for Last Word Festival, perform at the Curve in Leicester, Citadel Festival and Brainchild Festival, as well as having scratch support to create solo work!
What will I get from taking part?
- Have developed skills in a large range of poetry writing and performance styles and learnt exercises and techniques to improve your craft.
- Have worked alongside celebrated spoken word artists and learned about the processes they use when creating new work.
- Receive detailed feedback and guidance, and learn to critique both yourself and others.
- Develop a close network of likeminded potential collaborators
- Learn how to create work together as well as individually, and how to function as a collective.
- Find out about the business side of being a professional artist, how to market yourself and where to find further development opportunities.
- Be invited to perform at a number of high-profile festivals and events – past collectives have performed at Bestival and Lovebox.
- Showcase your work at the Roundhouse, including at the prestigious Last Word Festival.
Applications for the Poetry Collective have now closed and the next recruitment period is Autumn 2019. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
See what Alumni members of Roundhouse Poetry Collective have to say
Meeting some amazing artists and getting to work with them at the Roundhouse and outside, I think that’s been the highlight for me. I’ve had the opportunity to perform in places I never thought I’d get to perform.