Singer-songwriter, poet, visual artist and activist, Patti Smith is a true rock icon. Rising as a poet in the heady days of early 70’s New York, she became an influential component of New York’s punk movement with debut album Horses; a raw combination of poetry, yearning chants and rock ‘n’ roll attitude.
Formidable, charismatic, boundary pushing, outspoken and controversial, Smith’s four-decade career has seen her release 11 studio albums and a best-selling memoir, Just Kids – referred to as one of the greatest-ever rock memoirs.
An Evening of Words and Music’ combines spoken word interwoven with music from Smith’s beloved catalogue of songs. Known for her wit and warm rapport with her audiences, Smith shares personal stories from her illustrious career, providing an insight into one of music’s most revered and influential artists.
Now in its fourth year In the Round is our series of one-off intimate seated gigs that put you closer to the music. See the full In the Round 2019 line up here
Anti-tout measures are in place for this event:
Roundhouse has put new measures in place on this show to protect fans. Please be sure to read the below Terms and Conditions before purchase.
1) Tickets are strictly limited to 2 tickets per person
2) The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. The lead booker is the named Roundhouse account holder, not the cardholder. The lead booker must attend the event.
3) The lead booker will be asked to present photo ID that matches the name on their ticket to gain entry into the venue. Acceptable forms of photographic ID are: Passport, driving license, CitizenCard or Photocard. Tickets will not be refunded if you arrive without one of the above forms of ID.
4) If you are booking more than one ticket your guest must arrive at the venue at the same time as you and you must attend the event with them.
5) Letters of authorization will not be accepted.
6) No readmission.
7) Tickets cannot be refunded, only resold via a Roundhouse designated platform, to be confirmed. The platform will accept listings for this show from Thursday 8 November at 12pm and a link will be added to this page.
8) Patti Smith has appointed Twickets as her official resale partner for this event. Tickets can only be resold via this platform. Buying or selling tickets on any other resale platform/secondary source is strictly prohibited. Transfer of names on tickets is not allowed unless re-sold via Twickets. This is to ensure full transparency and fair access to tickets.”
10) If tickets appear on secondary sites, the buyer will be contacted and informed that these tickets are no longer valid.
11) By continuing with your booking, you are confirming you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in your order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Twickets is a fan-to-fan ticket resale marketplace where the price of tickets is never more than the original face value. It was set up to counter the profiteering resale sites which encourage ticket touting.
Pop-up dining from Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen
Why not enhance your visit with a dish from the critically acclaimed Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen. She’ll be serving up utterly delicious vegan and meat Ghanaian dishes. Explore the menus.Read More
Where I’m from, hardly anyone is exposed to the arts. There’s a load of talent but no guidance. Roundhouse changed my life.Benna
Read our stories
*Fees are £2.20 per transaction
Latecomers will be admitted throughout
Under-16s must be accompanied by an adult
A handful of tickets are available at just £5 for GET IN members. Already a member? Log in first, then hit the ‘find tickets’ button to see if any GET IN tickets are left.
7pm – Doors
8.30pm – Patti Smith
11pm – Curfew
Please note, stage times are approximate and subject to change without notice.