Roundhouse Rising aims to support the next generation of artists and industry leaders by offering advice and insight into the music business.
Rising Digital Futures will offer a ground-breaking day of discussion, demos and debate about the future of music in the digital age. Covering everything from digital releasing, to new technologies, the day will give fresh insight into how aspiring musicians and industry professionals can develop their music, creativity and career.
Here’s what’s in store throughout the day…
- Do It Yourself Digital Marketing Workshop: Led by Put Me On It’s Amelia Ideh this workshop will take you through everything you need to know about promoting your music
- The Future of Digital Music Discussion: An interactive panel featuring digital innovator Tim Exile, champion beatboxer Shlomo, sonic artist and former NASA researcher Kelly Snook and IMD pioneer Emma Catnip
- Tim Exile Live Demo Our Roundhouse Associate Artist and groundbreaking digital experimentalist Tim Exile, taking participants on a digital journey through his artistic processes and techniques.
- CMU:DIY presents Navigating Digital Shifts: As the shift towards streaming and subscription continues, where is the digital music market at today, and where is it heading in the future? What should new artists be doing to get their music in all the right places, and what role do digital distributors and record labels play? Special guests TBC.
- Shlomo Live Demo: Live interactive sessions with the acclaimed beatboxer. Discover the essentials of the art of beatboxing and digital experimentation.
- The Future of Radio and Digital Media Panel: How can musicians navigate broadcast media and online platforms in the age of digital featuring BBC Radio 1/1Xtra’s Sarah Beaumont, Major Record Label A&R Darryl Parkinson and Robin Murray, Clash Music.
Check out full timings here.