Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions may vary from time to time. Please make sure you review them regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use this website after any variation has been posted.
- Who We Are
- Website Use
- Conditions of Sale
- Booking fees
- Membership Terms and Conditions
WHO WE ARE
- www.roundhouse.org.uk is operated by the Roundhouse Trust.
- Registered charity number 1071487
- Registered office Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8EH
- VAT number 884 2446 00
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information and we aim to ensure that all personal information in our possession is processed in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Depending on which experiences and services you use, we will hold different kinds of information from or about you.
- Explain how you can contact us
- Outline what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it
- Outline how we store your data securely
- Explain what we are doing with your data if you are applying for a job at the Roundhouse
- Outline your rights to your information
- Summarise our legal basis for contacting you and using your personal information
If you would like to update or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, you can do this by logging into your account on the website.
If you would like to make an enquiry about data protection or change the way we process your information, you can click here to fill in an online form to contact our onsite Visitor Services team or call us at 0300 6789 222 (option 1, then option 2)
Post: Data Team, The Roundhouse Trust, Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8EH
More information about our complaints process can be found here-.
USING OUR WEBSITE
By using our website you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
By logging on, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Roundhouse site or your access to it.
WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
All information made available on this website is provided for information purposes only. The Roundhouse gives no warranty to the accuracy of the information and accepts no liability to any person for loss or damage incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained on this website by you or any third party.
Trademarks are the property of the Roundhouse and their respective owners,
No part of this website may be reproduced by any process without written permission from the Roundhouse. The trade marks and logos displayed on this website are the property of the Roundhouse and cannot be used without our prior written consent.
Unfortunately, data transmission over the internet is not guaranteed to be 100% secure, but we do take appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal data.
Any purchase completed via our website uses Secure Server Technology ensuring authentication, encryption and data integrity of your details.
INACCURACIES AND CORRECTIONS
We make every effort to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies or for more information on the data we may hold, please email email@example.com.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
TICKETS AND OTHER SALES
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. For some events, tickets can be resold via authorised platforms. Please refer to the specific event pages for more information.
- The Roundhouse will not take responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources.
- The Roundhouse will not be responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed. Where possible, we will make every effort to re-print your misplaced ticket, however for some events and venue configurations this may not always be possible.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to make alterations to the advertised programme at any time and without advance notice.
- The Roundhouse and event promoter are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of any event. If an event is cancelled, we will return the total value of your tickets, including any booking fees as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Roundhouse is a venue for genuine music lovers and we believe that customers shouldn’t pay more than the face value of a ticket, plus booking fee. To deter people from buying tickets from us to sell on for personal gain, it is sometimes necessary to hold tickets at the Roundhouse Box Office for collection on the night of performance. In these circumstances, customers will be required to produce the credit/debit card used for the original transaction and/or a valid form of photographic ID to redeem their tickets.
- We advise against coming to a sell-out performance at the Roundhouse without a ticket. Please check for late releases on our website or call 0300 6789 222 (see Box Office opening times). If you do come to the Roundhouse without a ticket, we strongly advise against buying from touts that operate in the area, whose tickets may be fraudulent or invalid.
- Tickets must not be sold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than the Roundhouse or one of its authorised agents. If you’d like a list of agents for a specific event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A valid ticket must be produced to get into an event. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate your ticket.
- It is your responsibility to check your order/tickets to check they are correct and contact us immediately if there is a mistake. The Roundhouse will not be responsible for any issues that occurred as result of the booker’s mistake. Any known issues with your order that have occurred as a result of the venue will be communicated to you as soon as reasonably possible.
- An order is confirmed once you have received online confirmation and an order confirmation email. We will get in touch to let you know if there are any issues with your order and will proceed to help rectify this for you, subject to availability.
- Proof of identity and concession entitlement (e.g. valid ID showing age and/or student status) may be required before receiving your tickets and/or admission into the event. In some cases, collect at Box Office will be the enforced delivery method.
- Tickets will only be delivered to the delivery address entered at the time of booking. Delivery addresses cannot be changed once an order is processed.
- It is the booker’s responsibility to ensure the delivery address is correct at the time of booking. If tickets dispatched by us are returned before an event date as ‘addressee unknown’, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and issue a full refund to the original payment method. We will make every effort to contact you via an alternative contact method in the first instance. If tickets are returned after the event date, no cancellation or refund will be issued.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to provide alternative seats at an event to those specified on the ticket, should the event production/staging require it. Alternative seating will be of a similar standard and will be no less than the face value stated on your ticket.
- If we discover an error in the price of the tickets you have purchased, we will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible to reconfirm your order at the correct price. If you are unable to reconfirm the order at the correct price, we will issue you with a full refund. If we are unable to contact you via the contact details provided, we will treat your order as cancelled and refund you.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number. Any such restriction will be communicated to you on the event webpage or by one of our Box Office team. The Roundhouse reserves the right to cancel and refund tickets purchased in excess of the limit and without prior notice, unless the excess was as a result of our error.
- Any queries regarding the terms and conditions of sale should be raised with the Roundhouse prior to the purchase of tickets.
- Tickets for gigs are sold for a performance by the headline artist only. The Roundhouse reserves the right to make amendments to the advertised guest/support artists without prior notice or liability. No refunds or compensation will be issued for changes to the guest/support act.
- Tickets for performing arts shows cannot be refunded or exchanged except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the performance. A change of cast shall not constitute a substantial alteration.
- Ticket pricing is subject to change at any time without notice and is only fixed at the time of booking. Discounts/offers cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Failure to comply with these Terms & Conditions will make your ticket and transaction void.
GIFT AND EMERGING ARTIST MEMBERSHIPS
- Please note that vouchers are valid for three months from date of purchase.
- Your unique code is for the sole purpose of redeeming a Roundhouse Membership.
- Memberships cannot be refunded.
GET IN MEMBERSHIPS
- : GET IN is a free membership scheme that is open to anyone aged between 16-25 years old.
- : All members will receive a unique GET IN membership card that they should use to collect their tickets. This card can be collected at the box office alongside your first GET IN tickets purchased. In some cases members will be mailed cards directly. Lost cards can be reprinted but a small admin fee will be charged. Visit the box office or email email@example.com to arrange for a reprint.
- GET IN tickets (at £5) are only available to purchase by Get IN members for selected Roundhouse shows.
- Members can purchase no more than two tickets per performance run. One ticket must be used by the GET IN member, the other is to be used by a guest who must also be aged 16-25.
- Guests will only be permitted entry into the Roundhouse Production in question if they attend with the GET IN member.
- Tickets may only be purchased from the Roundhouse box office and website. Tickets may not be purchased from any third party agent.
- : GET IN tickets purchased online will be subject to a transaction fee of £2.20. No transaction fee applies to GET IN tickets purchased in person at the Roundhouse box office. No booking fees will apply to GET IN tickets.
- : Tickets are subject to availability from an allocation of places. Shows with GET IN allocations will be listed on the Roundhouse website. If a performance listed as having an allocation of GET IN tickets on our website does not show a GET IN ticket option when members log in, this will mean that the allocation sold out already.
- You must collect all GET IN tickets for Roundhouse Productions in person. Tickets will be available to collect at the box office from two hours before the advertised door /start time. We reserve the right to offer your Tickets for re-sale should you fail to collect your tickets by the advertised door/start time.
- To collect tickets members will need to show their GET IN card (or membership details) AND proof of age in the form of photo ID. Photo ID will also be required to collect any GET IN guest ticket. The following forms of ID are acceptable:
- Driving license
- A pass card
- A 16+ Zip Oyster Card. (Please note: 18+ Oyster Cards will not be accepted)
- Exchanges or returns of Get IN tickets are subject to the Roundhouse’s discretion, in accordance with the Roundhouse’s terms and conditions. They will made subject to GET IN availability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- : Membership automatically expires at midnight on the day before a member’s 26th birthday. You may book tickets up to this date, even if the shows take place after your 26th birthday.
- : By signing up to GET IN you agree to have your personal details held by the Roundhouse, and used to keep you informed about GET IN tickets, events and projects for young creative and special offers which we think might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive information about associated events, workshops and special offers, please email email@example.com or select unsubscribe option displayed in all emails.
- : If you wish to cancel your membership to GET IN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- : The Roundhouse reserves the right to terminate the GET IN scheme at any time.
- For events presented in 2018, all bookings made through the Roundhouse will carry a per order fee of £2.20 when made online and £2.95 when made by telephone.
- Bookings for shows presented by external promoters or producers made online or by telephone will carry an additional per ticket fee. Read more about our fees.
- Any ticket priced lower than £10.00 will attract the relevant per-order fee only.
- Any booking made in person does not attract fees.
- By attending an event, you consent to being photographed or filmed as a member of the audience, and you consent to resulting materials being used for commercial distribution, publication and Roundhouse communications, without payment or copyright.
- The Roundhouse reserves the rights to require and electronically verify photographic ID, and to search visitors on entry and exit, as conditions of admission
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission to and/or eject any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- Each member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket at all times and produce it upon request for inspection at any time. Failure to produce a valid ticket will deny you entry and may result in you being ejected from the venue.
- To ensure safety, we may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit and reserve the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or others.
- Glass containers, cans, chains and other large, heavy or sharp objects are not allowed in the Main Space or the Studio Theatre.
- Audio and video recording equipment is not allowed in performance areas. The Roundhouse reserves the right to insist that such equipment is left in the cloakroom.
- You are responsible for your belongings when attending an event. The Roundhouse accepts no responsibility for any personal property brought to the venue.
- There is no admittance or re-admittance to the Roundhouse after 11pm. For some performances a no-readmission policy will operate throughout, please check on arrival at the venue.
- Our latecomers policy can vary from event to event, please check with the box office. Admission is not guaranteed, although offered wherever possible.
- Food and drink purchased elsewhere may not be consumed at the Roundhouse, and will be confiscated on entry.
- Smoking is not permitted at the Roundhouse. Electronic cigarettes are also prohibited within the venue.
- Mobile phones and pagers must be silenced before entering the performance areas.
- Events may be age restricted and it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check before purchasing.
- We do not recommend subjecting children to loud music over a sustained period of time.
- Pets are not allowed in the Roundhouse. Assistance animals are permitted.
- The Roundhouse requests that all audience members leave the venue quietly at the end of the performance.
- Unless otherwise stated, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult and may be admitted to seated areas only, please ensure to check there are seated tickets available before booking for an under 14.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership (inclusive of Fan, Headliner, Icon, Legend and Producing Circle members) enables the Roundhouse to continue to the lives of young people through creativity. Our programmes for young people have 3,000 11-25 year-olds participating every year. In return for supporting our charitable work, our members are thanked with a set of benefits commensurate with their level of support.
- Membership is treated as a donation to the Roundhouse Trust we therefore do not offer refunds of donations.
- Membership of Roundhouse lasts for a period of 12 months (+/- two weeks dependant on join date).
- Payment for membership covers a period of one year from the start date until the last day of that month the following year.
- Members can renew or upgrade membership and update personal details at any time by contacting the Membership Team at the Roundhouse.
- When upgrading part-way through a membership, members must pay the full difference between the cost of their original membership and the upgraded membership regardless of how long is remaining of their current membership.
- Lost or stolen membership cards will be replaced free of charge at the discretion of the Roundhouse.
- Membership packs (new and renewing) may take up to two weeks from receipt of payment to the member receiving their new/renewed card/membership pack.
- Membership cards can only be used by the named member. Proof of identity may be requested on presentation of your membership card.
- If a person is unable to show a valid membership card, this person may be asked to validate membership at the Box Office with alternative photo ID.
- Roundhouse Membership is an individual membership, and cannot be shared between two or more persons.
- In order to deliver membership, the Roundhouse will contact members via email and post. Members are able to unsubscribe from email communications.
- Members are entitled, upon presentation of a valid membership card, to the benefits as listed on the relevant Members and Producing Circle pages of the Roundhouse website. Print materials are not an ongoing record of current membership benefits.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to change membership benefits during a member’s year of membership. All effort will be made to notify members of changes ahead of renewals.
- Though we always aim to secure priority booking for Roundhouse members, the Roundhouse hosts gigs for external promotors in addition to its own productions and therefore priority booking cannot be guaranteed for all gigs or events.
- Any priority booking windows offered to members will be for a minimum of 1 hour.
- The Roundhouse aims to inform members via email of any new announcements and priority booking windows. It is the responsibility of the member to check their emails and/or Roundhouse website for announcements.
- Queue jump entitles members to enter the Roundhouse building ahead of any queue of general visitors. This does not entitle a member to enter performances spaces ahead of others once inside the building.
- Members must show their membership card to staff at the venue in order to jump the queue. It is recommended that members arrive as early as possible once doors open to take advantage of the queue jump benefit.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to revoke queue jumping at our own discretion.
- Though we always aim to secure Queue Jump for Roundhouse members, the Roundhouse hosts gigs for external promotors in addition to its own productions and therefore Queue Jump cannot be guaranteed for all gigs or events.
Online Ticket Fees
- Members at Headliner level and above will not be charged per ticket booking fees on the first 10 tickets purchased in the duration of their membership. Please note that this only applies to tickets purchased on the Roundhouse website or in person at our box office. Tickets purchased through our general booking line will still be subject to the ‘per ticket’ fees and you will still be charged.
- When purchasing tickets online, members must log in before selecting tickets and placing them in their basket in order for the discount to be applied.
- Please note that all orders are subject to a per order fee which is in addition to any per ticket fees. This fee will not be waived under any circumstances.
Comp Tickets and Sold Out Events
- Members may be entitled to complimentary tickets depending on their level of membership and as per the benefits listed on the Roundhouse website.
- Complimentary tickets are offered up to the value of £30. Tickets that cost above £30 cannot be offered as comps.
- Complimentary tickets are subject to availability and must be requested directly with the Membership team, within the priority booking period. Tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis for each performance or production.
- Members at Legend level or above have access to tickets for sold out shows, as per the benefits listed on the Roundhouse website.
- Tickets for sold out events are strictly limited and will be allocated at the discretion of the Roundhouse.
- The Roundhouse Membership team reserve the right to limit the number of tickets offered to members for sold out events.
- Members may be invited to various events depending on their level of membership.
- Members are asked to RSVP to event invites promptly as places are offered on a first come, first served basis and places may be limited.
- Roundhouse staff may refuse entry to special events upon late arrival of a member if it is felt that it would cause disruption for other guests.
- Plus ones to members’ events are at the Roundhouse’s discretion.
- We request that Members and Patrons across all categories of membership and their guests attending Roundhouse events adhere to the obligations of membership as outlined within this document.
- The Roundhouse is a registered charity and may charge a fee for members’ events to cover running costs.
- Fan and Headliner members can book tickets through the general booking line 0300 6789 222, open 9am – 7pm daily.
- Members at Icon level have access to a dedicated booking line 020 7424 8458, open Saturday to Monday 9.30am – 5pm, Tuesday to Friday 9.30am – 9pm.
- Once purchased, we cannot return or refund tickets so please make sure you and your guests can make the event before committing to purchasing tickets.
- Accreditation on the Roundhouse website, in publications and on site for Members at applicable members, will be in place within a reasonable time frame as set by the Roundhouse.
- Onsite signage will be on site at all times unless for exceptional circumstances – in the Roundhouse’s sole opinion.
- Accreditation may be removed during a membership year if a member brings their own or the Roundhouse reputation into disrepute.
- Members will be credited using the name used for membership unless a credit line is provided.
- Members will be automatically credited unless specially directed that they wish to remain anonymous.
- Accreditation can be requested for removal by a named member at any point within a membership cycle excluding pre-existing print.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that membership fees are paid to the Roundhouse.
- We regret that membership cannot be refunded after two weeks of payment being made as it is treated as a donation.
- Membership fees cannot be refunded if a particular gig does not have priority booking attached or if Members’ Bar access is not granted as membership fees are treated as a donation.
- Membership fees and the related benefits are set by the Roundhouse Development Team, who reserves the right to increase the fee or alter the benefits at its discretion. All effort will be made to notify members ahead of annual renewals.
- Direct Debit payments will be taken within five weeks of joining/renewing and on an annual basis from when the membership is due for renewal. Members will be notified prior to the payment of your renewal fee.
- Direct Debit payments must not be cancelled until full payment for the year’s membership has been collected.
- To cancel a Direct Debit paid membership, a member must notify the Roundhouse prior to the start of their renewal month.
- If there is any difficulty with collecting Direct Debit payments the Roundhouse will be in touch to attempt recollecting payments due.
- Members bar access is only available to Headliner, Icon, Legend, Producing Circle, Chairman’s Circle and Corporate members. The number of guests permitted in the bar depends on the level of membership and is per the benefits as listed on the Roundhouse website.
- Upon arrival the Members Bar, members must show a valid membership card to gain entry.
- Guests of members must be identified to a member of Roundhouse staff welcoming visitors and a Members Bar wrist band collected.
- Members Bar wristbands must be worn at all times to guarantee entry to the Members Bar.
- Belongings left in the Members Bar coat room are left at the member’s own risk.
- Entry to the Members Bar may be refused if the bar is at capacity.
- We regret that we cannot reserve spaces or seats in the Members Bar.
- Staff managing the Members Bar reserve the right to refuse entry, or to eject any member and or their guest/s to any individual behaving in a threatening or abusive manner towards any person at the Roundhouse, damages or threatens to damage any property of the Roundhouse, or acts in a manner which – in the Roundhouse’s sole opinion – brings the Roundhouse into disrepute.
- Members who have seated tickets are asked to use their seats during performances.
- Under 16s are not allowed in the Members Bar from 21.00 onwards.
- As with any licenced bar, the purchase of alcohol will be restricted at the sole discretion of the Roundhouse based on the behaviour of the individual and/or their guest.
- All laws in relation to a licenced bar apply to the Member’s Bar at the Roundhouse.
- All members and their guests must adhere to the obligations of membership as outlined below when in the Members Bar.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to close the members bar for certain gigs and shows at our own discretion.
Obligations of membership
- Whilst at a premises owned, operated or in official partnership with the Roundhouse, we request that members act in an appropriate manner so as not to cause offence or annoyance to other visitors, members and their guests.
- Whilst at a premises owned, operated or in official partnership with the Roundhouse a member is responsible for the behaviour of their guests and ensuring that they behave in an appropriate manner.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or, if necessary, to revoke membership without refund if an individual behaves in a threatening or abusive manner towards any person at the Roundhouse, damages or threatens to damage any property of the Roundhouse, or acts in a manner which – in the Roundhouse’s sole opinion – brings the Roundhouse into disrepute.
- The Roundhouse reserves the right to refuse admission to and/or eject any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately.
Termination of membership
- Fan, Headliner, Legend, Icon and Producing Circle membership may not be transferred from one individual to another in the case of divorce or legal separation. The membership will remain in the name of the original member. The Roundhouse will remain neutral and will not favour one individual over another in such circumstances.
- Upon notification of the death of a member, the Roundhouse will conclude the membership unless instructed to transfer to a named individual for the remainder of the annual membership period. Such transfers will be at the discretion of the Roundhouse.
- We regret that the benefits or accreditation associated with lifetime support in any capacity cannot be transferred and may only be used by the original, named individual for the duration of their lifetime.
- If payment of any membership fee has not been received by the Roundhouse within 90 days of the date of renewal membership will be terminated.
- In the event of any dispute arising as to the meaning or interpretation of these rules, the matter shall be referred to the Roundhouse Development Director whose decision shall be final.
Staying in touch
- The Roundhouse is not responsible for missed communications due to a change of address (electronic or postal). Members must update the Development Team with preferred contact details.
- If returned mail is received due to a change of address, the Roundhouse will attempt to make contact with the named member. Failing this, membership and any associated Direct Debits will be cancelled within two months of the Roundhouse attempting to make contact.