The Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios can be accessed at the following times:
|Monday||9.30am – 5pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am – 9pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am – 9pm|
|Thursday||9.30am – 9pm|
|Friday||9.30am – 9pm|
|Saturday||9.30am – 5pm|
|Sunday||9.30am – 5pm|
All opening hours exclude public holidays.Read Less
How you enrol depends on which creative project you’d like to do.
Some projects follow a standard enrolment process, while others might require you to submit work or audition for a place. Some projects don’t require enrolling in advance as they are drop-ins.
You can find out more info. below, as well as it being listed on the ‘How to Enrol’ tab on each creative project page on our website.
For many projects, enrolment can be completed online. This will be indicated by the enrol now button in the banner and below the information about the project. This will take you through to an enrolment form which must be completed in order to enrol. At this point your place on the project is not guaranteed.
Once we have processed your enrolment, you will receive an email with details on how to pay.
Some creative projects will require you to submit previous work or to attend an audition at the Roundhouse.
We’ll get in touch if we need to arrange an audition or if your application has been successful after the project deadline.
Every term in the Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios, we offer a number of creative projects for 11 – 25 year olds as drop-ins.
These nights are your opportunity to try something new or develop your skills. There’s no commitment, just come along on the night that suits you best.
We recommend arriving 15 minutes before the project is due to start so we have enough time to take your details at the front desk.
If you are planning on joining us then remember to download and bring a completed enrolment form to the Roundhouse on the day of your first session. Enrolment forms will be available to download on each drop-in project page.Read Less
Your email confirming your successful enrolment on a creative project will include a direct link to where you can complete your purchase online. Your place will only be held for a limited amount of time so please pay for the project as soon as possible to secure your place.
You can pay for your project by visiting the Roundhouse in-person at 100 Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8EH. Our opening times for enrolments are as follows:
Monday 9.30 am – 5pm
Tuesday – Friday 9.30am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday 9.30am – 5pm
Projects can be paid for over the telephone by calling us on 020 7424 8477. Phone lines for enrolments are available at the following times:
Monday 9.30 am – 5pm
Tuesday – Friday 9.30am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday 9.30am – 5pm
Our phone lines are usually in high demand so please be patient. Our quietest times are usually 10am – 1pm and 7pm – 9pm. We accept all major debit and credit cards for project enrolments.Read Less
If you’re aged 11 – 25 and find there are financial barriers preventing you from taking part then you should consider applying for the Roundhouse Bursary Scheme.
Our scheme provides financial support designed to support you in taking the next step in developing your creative skills. Bursaries can be used for all sorts of things, such as:
- Transport expenses to and from the Roundhouse (within London only)
- Roundhouse creative project fees
- Emerging Artist Membership fees
- Hiring rehearsal space or studio facilities
- The cost of materials you need to get the most out of a Roundhouse project
- Entry fees for an accredited qualification (e.g. Arts Award)
- Carer/Interpreter costs
- Production fees for projects (e.g. showreels)
These are just examples – if you have other costs relating to your creative development, we may be able to help with those, too.
All bursary applications are considered on a case-by-case basis, and treated in strictest confidence.
Find out more about financial support and how you can download an application form.Read Less
Yes, creative projects in the Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios are open to all aged 11 – 25 years old regardless of where you live in the UK.
Needless to say, all projects take place in London though so you or your parent/guardian will need to arrange travel and accommodation if you’re not from the local area.Read Less
Our Info and Advice Base offers support to 11 – 25 year olds taking part in creative projects in the Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios.
You can get:
- One-to-one advice on your learning, development and next steps
- Help finding apprenticeships, training and volunteering opportunities in the creative industries
- Support with working toward your Arts Award and/or CoPE
- Advice on Higher Education prospects and next steps
- Advice on health, wellbeing and other issues that might be affecting you.
- Help developing your employability skills, e.g. CV writing, interview technique etc.
Find out more about our Info and Advice Base, opening times and information on how to book an appointment.Read Less
There are lots of opportunities for schools and colleges to get involved with us.
We offer taster sessions, bespoke workshops and long term projects to secondary schools, colleges and pupil referral units.
Our sessions are run by industry professional artist/tutors in our state-of-the-art facilities and support your students in enhancing their creative development.
We can offer:
- Tours of our studios and a careers Q&A session.
- Taster sessions – creative workshops in our studios in music, performing arts or media, enhancing curriculum based work or introducing students to new art forms.
- Attendance at your assemblies, careers days and option evenings.
- Spaces and specialist equipment for lesson delivery including our recording studio.
For more information and to discuss working with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Read Less
Our Emerging Artist Memberships are available for 13 – 25-years-olds and can be bought online or in person at Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios.
Once you’ve completed your purchase you will be sent a separate certificate along with additional paperwork for you to complete. We know paperwork is boring, but it’ll be worth it, we promise.
To finalise the membership you’ll need to:
- Complete the form and if you’re under 16 make sure it’s signed by your parent or guardian.
- Find a form a photo ID with proof of age e.g. passport, driver’s license, passcard, 11-15 Oyster photocard.
- Find a proof of address e.g. any official document showing your name and address.
- Bring all of the above to the Roundhouse for an induction session and to activate your membership (ideally between 9.30am – 5pm if you want to avoid the queues).
- Get down to the Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios and discover, grow and show your talent to the rest of the world!
Once you’ve bought your membership please make sure to follow steps 1 – 4 as soon as you can, this is because unprocessed memberships will become invalid three months after you’ve bought them.Read Less
If you’re 16 – 25-years-old and want to register for £5 tickets for gigs and shows, this is how you do it:
- Make sure you’re already registered on our website. If you haven’t already, then register now, it’ll only take a minute.
- Complete the Get In registration form and we’ll upgrade your account with a Get In Membership
- Then, just wait for an email confirming that you’re a Get In Member
Before booking, please make sure you have signed up for Get In Membership. Once that’s sorted, you’ll need to
• Choose your event from the list of available shows
• Make sure you log in to your Get In member account
• Select the Get In £5 tickets made available to you (If no Get In tickets show up then they’ve sold out – sorry!)
• You can book up to two tickets per event for you and a mate but remember that they’ll also need to be aged 16-25
• Your tickets will be held for collection on the door. You’ll need your Get In Membership card and both you and your guest will have to show photo ID confirming your date of birth.
Make sure you read terms & conditions.Read Less
Tickets purchased through Get In Membership can be collected in person from two hours before the advertised door/start time. Remember to bring along a form of photo ID.
Please remember that we reserve the right to offer your tickets for re-sale if you fail to collect your tickets by the advertised door/start time.Read Less
No, tickets purchased under our GET IN scheme can only be used by those aged 16 – 25 years old. Both people attending will be required to show photo ID as proof of age.Read Less
In order to collect tickets purchased through Get In Membership, you will need to bring:
- Your Get In card or membership details
- And proof of age in the form of photo ID for you and your guest
The following forms of photo IDs are acceptable:
- Driving License
- A Pass Card
- A 16+ Zip Oyster Card – please note 18+ Oyster Cards will not be accepted