Relaxed performances at the Roundhouse
We always aim to be welcoming and accessible to all of our brilliant customers. As part of our commitment to this, we are able to offer relaxed performances for certain productions.
Relaxed performances are aimed at encouraging and welcoming audiences who could benefit from a calmer environment, including those with a condition on the autistic spectrum, people with learning difficulties or sensory or communication needs. This will enable them to enjoy and experience live performance in a way that feels comfortable.
Through creating a supportive and less formal atmosphere, we hope to create an experience that removes and reduces obstacles for people attending, who might feel anxious about new and unfamiliar surroundings.
As part of our commitment we:
- Provide a link to a tour of the building and a visual story, so audiences can familiarise themselves with building and space.
- Open the doors earlier than usual to allow those audience members the opportunity to arrive early, familiarise and settle in before the performance.
- Allow food and drink into the space (though strictly no glass in performance spaces).
- Arrange an opportunity for audiences to meet the characters from the production, who will explain the story and introduce themselves before the performance begins.
- Adjust aspects of the production’s light, sound and participation as required.
- Provide a chill-out space if any member of the audience feels they need to leave the performance area.
Relaxed performances will be listed under the dates and times tab on event pages and tickets can be booked online. Alternatively if you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to get in touch or give us a call on 0300 6789 222.