Roundhouse Accelerator Programme 2021
Applications now open!
Are you 18-30? Do you have a unique creative business?
Have you have been pursuing a creative business, either on your own or as a small team and need an extra push to transform it into a sustainable career and business?
The Self Made Accelerator programme is a three month course specifically designed for businesses in the creative industries. Through weekly workshops, mentoring, pitch practice, peer to peer learning and free onsite desk space, we will get you ready to take yourself and your creative business to places you’ve been dreaming about.
At the end of the programme you will take part in pitching evening where you will present your business to industry professionals for the opportunity to secure support.
You should apply if:
- You have started your own creative business, be it part time or full time, but you don’t have a business plan or guidance on how to grow it.
- You have established a brand that distinguishes your goods or services from those of others, you have some traction through sales or customer engagement, but you don’t know how to create a cohesive brand identity so that your business can thrive and not just survive
- You are able to dedicate at least two days a week to the programme for its 12-week duration. One of those days will be mandatory and the other you’ll be expected to either work on your business or work on the programme workshop deliverables.
- We are keen to welcome applications from social impact companies
Who is the Accelerator Programme for?
For an idea on the kind of people and businesses that should apply for this opportunity, check out last year’s cohort here
If you’re still a bit confused about whether this is for you, check out our video:
If you are successful in getting a place, by the end of this programme you will have:
- Created a business plan
- Developed pitching skills and produced a polished deck
- The skills to talk to potential investors, partners and/or funding bodies
- Developed practical business skills from experienced mentors and experts
- Developed transferable skills, such as digital skills, presenting, networking & collaboration
- Benefited from peer to peer learning and support
- Created opportunities to reach new markets and generated new leads
What is included in the Self Made Accelerator?
- A dedicated day every Wednesday for pitch training and curated workshops hosted by industry experts
- Free onsite co-working space
- Participation in the Roundhouse Self Made Masterclass events at no cost
- 1:1 surgeries with business professionals
- One-on-one support from the Roundhouse team
- A Pitch Evening at the end of the programme
What dates do you need to know about?
- Online Application Closes Thursday 15th July
- Candidates Will be Notified By Friday 23rd July
- Shortlisted Candidates Interviews Thursday 29th July & Friday 30th July
- Start of Programme – Induction Day, 1st September (10-2)
- Weekly Workshops Begin Wednesday 8th September
- End of Programme 24th November
- Pitch Evening 25th or 26th November (to be confirmed)
- Evaluation Day and Graduation Evening 1st December
How to apply:
To apply, click here and fill out the following form by 15th July
We’d suggest you have a think about your answers and prep them before you complete the application form.
All of the questions can be found in the PDF below. So get prepping, and we look forward to reading your applications!