What is the project about?
Collaborate with spoken word artists and musicians to create video projections for a Roundhouse show exploring social and political themes on how life today has been affected by the First World War.
What will I get from taking part?
• Devise a brand new show in collaboration with musicians and spoken word performers
• Learn how to work to a brief
• Discover how to use projected video and graphics to tell stories in live performance contexts
• Trigger and manipulate the visuals as part of the final show
Will include specific outcomes once the type of YPs has been decided e.g:
• Learn how to use video editing and graphic design software like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop & After Effects to make content for live video projection
• Learn how to use video server and VJing software like Resolume Avenue for live video performance
• Develop your design skills
• Learn how to use your visual skills to enhance a live performance
Who will be teaching the project?
This project will be taught by professional video artists, motion graphics designers and VJs.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
To get the most out of this project you will need to demonstrate some interest in working with video alongside music or performance, and be keen to collaborate with other art forms*.
*depending on the type of musicians we decide to recruit (DJs/producers/band members) this might change
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
All equipment can be provided by our Tech Store.
How do I pay for this project?
You can pay by visiting us in person or by calling us on 020 7424 8477. We are open Tue – Fri 9.30am – 9pm and Sat – Mon 9.30am – 5pm. For further details see How to Enrol.
Please try to do so before the first session of the project.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support.
If you are using a bursary to pay for the project, please ensure you arrange this with the Info & Advice Base with plenty of time before the start of the project.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.