What is the project about?
Get professional advice for creating dynamic cabaret and booking gigs from the creative producer of international cabaret sensations La Soirée and Club Swizzle.
What will I get from taking part?
Join Brett Haylock, Creative Producer of one of the most successful cabaret shows in the world, to gain a unique insight into his experience of creating and touring cabaret work internationally. On this masterclass you will:
• Discover how La Soirée began and grew to be such an international hit
• Explore the creative process behind his newest production Club Swizzle
• Meet the Club Swizzle performers for a Q+A session
• Get tips for creating and performing cabaret work
• Build your network with fellow London based circus, cabaret artists and programmers
• Have the opportunity to ask specific questions about booking and touring your own work
Who will be teaching the project?
• Brett Haylock – Creative Producer of La Soirée and Club Swizzle
• Performers from Club Swizzle
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
This masterclass is particularly beneficual for circus and cabaret artists interested in performing their work professionally in a cabaret setting. To make most of the masterclass, participants should have a clear understanding of the type of work they make/would like to create.
How do I pay for this project?
You can pay by visiting us in person or by calling us on 020 7424 8477. We are open Tue – Fri 9.30am – 9pm and Sat – Mon 9.30am – 5pm. For further details see How to Enrol.
Please try to do so before the first session of the project.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support.
If you are using a bursary to pay for the project, please ensure you arrange this with the Info & Advice Base with plenty of time before the start of the project.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.