What is the project about?
Do you have an incredible short film idea? We can help you make it happen and get it screened at the Roundhouse!
This Autumn, Roundhouse will present And Now What? a cross-arts festival exploring identity and society across Roundhouse screens and stages.
We’re looking to support three emerging filmmakers to create new short films for the festival exploring social and political issues from their unique perspectives.
What do the filmmakers get?
- A £500 production budget for you to spend on making your film
- A professional mentor with industry experience and connections, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions.
Additional support totalling £1300:
- Technical equipment – 1 day use of Roundhouse Studios’ film-making kit and resources (including cameras, lenses, lights, sliders and green screens)
- 2-3 days of dedicated support from the Roundhouse Digital Productions Team throughout the film-making process.
- The chance to showcase your film at a public screening event in the autumn
- A free place on our upcoming autumn Bloomberg Broadcast Masterclasses
- Free Roundhouse Emerging Artist Membership valid for 12 months from registration
Can anyone apply?
- You will need to have a strong film idea and the skills/experience to make it.
- We’re open to all genres of films – from narrative to animation, documentary to experimental – but the film must be under 3 minutes long.
- Your film should be about social and/or political issues from your perspective. It should reflect the time we are living in now and identify the issue(s) which are most important to you.
Application Deadline: 9am, Monday 2 July 2018
Production Period: 22 July – 19 October 2018
Where does the project take place?
Mostly on location of the film, but interviews and meetings will take place at the Roundhouse.
Hear from previous winners of the Film Fund
How we made our short film: The Integration Game
We met with Naomi and Amena, one of winners of the And Now What? Film Fund who tell us more about their experiences on making their short animation film, The Integration Game.Read More
10 Practical Film Making Tips
Lots of food, a cheerleader and risk assessments. Alice and Holly list 10 practical filmmaking tips they learnt from making their short parody film I’m a Man.Read More
The Last Word Film Fund is made possible by the support of:
About the And Now What? Film Fund:
The fund aims to support a creative and innovative artistic approach to presenting socially relevant films that are entertaining, enlivening and inspiring for audiences. We want to offer a platform for open minded discussion, radical thinking and balance wherever possible, building on the heritage of Roundhouse as a platform for cultural revolution.
This fund was previously known as the Roundhouse Online Film Fund. As with it’s popular predecessor, the fund exists to support the next generation of filmmakers in creating dynamic, experimental content, with the added bonus of providing screening opportunities at Roundhouse festivals and shows.