What is the project about?
Do you want to design posters, make flyers for a gig or improve your photos? Learn how to make your work stand out on this weekend workshop.
What will I get from taking part?
By the end of the project you will:
- Have learnt the basics of the three graphic design packages using realistic industry briefs:
- How to apply colour adjustments to images.
- How to apply special effects using filters and styles.
- How to use the pen tool to create basic drawings and shapes
- How to create and apply a simple pattern
- How to design different layouts
- How to create posters and multi-page documents
- Brought your ideas for your own design project to life under the guidance of a professional design tutor.
- At the end of the workshop, we’ll suggest next steps including how you can continue to access our media lab facilities to make your own work.
Who will be teaching the project?
A professional graphic designer – details tbc
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
No experience needed. This project is ideal for any aspiring graphic designers, photgraphers photohgraphers, or for anyone wanting design skills to help promote themselves or their projects.
We don’t recommend you take this course if you have done it before
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
Something to take notes on, otherwise all other equipment will be provided.
How do I pay for this project?
You can pay by visiting us in person or by calling us on 020 7424 8477. We are open Tue – Fri 9.30am – 9pm and Sat – Mon 9.30am – 5pm. For further details see How to Enrol.
Please try to do so before the first session of the project.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support. If you are using a bursary to pay for the project, please ensure you arrange this with the Advice Base with plenty of time before the start of the project.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.