Are you a filmmaker aged between 18 and 25 looking to break into the world of live television?
If you are not currently employed, in training or education, the Bloomberg Broadcast Intensive Programme is a completely FREE fast track course that will give you the skills you need to progress in the industry.
The project starts with 10 days of workshops in how to use broadcast quality camera equipment and edit using the latest software and technology in the Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios.
After this, your training will continue alongside gaining real experience in film production across Roundhouse festivals and events; including live broadcasts, promotional films and video productions.
Previous participants have gone on to get roles at BBC, Channel 4 and MTV.
To find out more about the Project, sign up to The Roundhouse Film Club project where you can meet the Bloomberg Broadcast Intensive tutor and ask questions about what’s involved in the 7 week project.
What will I get from taking part?
- Training and hands on experience in video production and live broadcast
- Experience working as a team on major live streams and productions at the Roundhouse
- Have met industry professionals through intensive training sessions and talks
- Built a network of like-minded young film-makers
- Gained real experience in film production across Roundhouse festivals and events; including live broadcasts, promotional films and video productions.
- Get a solid grounding in self-shooting and post-production, which is essential to succeed within a production company or as a freelance filmmaker.
Who will be teaching the project?
The project will be led by film-maker Henry Blake, with guest tutors who specialise in Sound, Lighting and Post-Production. All tutors are currently working in the film and TV industry.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
You’ll need to have explored your interest in filmmaking or production by creating video content yourself, but we don’t mind what software or equipment you used or how you did it. Ideally, you’ll have some experience of teamwork as well.
Please note you must be able to attend all the workshops & production sessions to take part (see how to enrol for more info).
Is there anything I need to bring or wear? Something to take notes and you’ll need to wear sensible and comfortable footwear and on shoot days we would suggest dark clothing where possible. Otherwise all equipment will be provided.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.