This project is now full with a large waiting list. Check our other current opportunities for alternatives.
Ever fancied fusing theatre with game design?
Coney are an interactive theatre company who mix theatre and games to create adventures. This Spring they are coming to the Roundhouse to share how they work. Have a go at making interactive and immersive theatre using smartphones, email and sound design to interact with audiences.
What will I get from taking part?
By the end of the project you will:
- Have been introduced to a unique style of performance which fuses theatre with games, and learnt more about interactive/immersive theatre as an art form.
- Worked as a group to create a piece of site-responsive theatre and had the opportunity to rehearse and perform both in a studio space and an off-site location.
- Have gained confidence in performance and devising theatre.
- Discovered new and alternative techniques which aren’t taught in mainstream ‘acting’ classes.
- Had a go at using technology within performance, and gained knowledge in using smartphone apps, text, email and sound to lead your audience during a show.
- The project will lead up to a performance for friends and family.
Who will be teaching the project?
Two of Coney’s professional associate theatre-makers.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
No prior experience necessary, just enthusiasm, ideas and an interest in experimenting with performance style.
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
Comfortable clothing and footwear that’s easy to move in.
Are bursaries available?
Yes – if you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare find out how you can get support.
Image: Early Days (of a Better Nation), Coney, Warwick Arts Centre (2015) ©