12/01/2016 – This project is now full with a large waiting list. Check our other current opportunities for alternatives.
In just one week a professional theatre director will help you create a play from scratch and develop your acting skills along the way. Collaborate with other young performers, share your ideas for inspiration and work together on this fun challenge.
What will I get from taking part?
By the end of the project you will:
- Have developed your acting skills with a professional theatre director.
- Know about what’s involved in putting on a play, including making scripts, props and costumes.
- Have gained confidence in performing and devising theatre.
- Have gained social and teamwork skills by working with others in rehearsals.
- The week will lead to a showcase performance of your finished play for friends and family.
Who will be teaching the project?
You’ll be directed by a professional theatre director working in the industry.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
No prior experience needed – just ideas, enthusiasm and an interest in drama!
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
Wear comfortable clothes and footwear – something easy to move in.
Are bursaries available?
Yes – if you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, find out how you can get support.