12/01/2016 – This project is now full with a large waiting list. Check our other current opportunities for alternatives.
Love documentaries or got an idea for a factual short film that you want to get made? This masterclass with experienced documentary makers will introduce you to all you need to know to plan and shoot your idea and develop as a filmmaker.
What will I get from taking part?
- An overview of the UK documentary landscape – what platforms and broadcasters are out there and what formats are they interested in.
- Practical tools and tips on how to produce short documentaries, including budgeting and how to find and coordinate a production team.
- An introduction to researching and interviewing techniques.
- Advice and feedback on your idea and how to pitch it from industry professionals.
- A chance to network with other filmmakers and producers and develop new collaborations.
- The chance to find out about Roundhouse’s Online Film Fund.
Who will be teaching the project?
An experienced freelance documentary filmmaker supported by a member of staff from the Roundhouse Digital Productions Team.
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
You are expected to have an idea for a documentary you want to make or have an interest in wanting to make factual film. This course is about the production side of making documentaries, rather than the technical skills needed. You don’t need to have technical knowledge to take part (and you can get these skills on our other projects) .
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
No – but you are welcome to bring any documentary ideas or docs that you have made.
Are bursaries available?
Yes – if you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare find out how you can get support.
This opportunity is part of the Bloomberg Broadcast Programme 2015/16. If you are aged 18-25 and interested in a career in TV, live broadcast or post production, find out more about masterclasses, workshops and panel events to help you get the skills you need.
Made possible by