Into making and performing music? Want to learn how to mix sound for live music events?
The Roundhouse is running a FREE 6 week project giving 16-25 year-olds not currently in education, employment or training the chance to create and perform original music, and get technical skills required put together a live music event. Work with a professional team of composers, songwriters, producers and engineers to create a collective performance on a Roundhouse Stage.
Some previous music production or performance experience is a bonus but not vital.
What you’ll get:
- Writing, performance and live sound engineering skills, taught by industry professionals and artists
- Access to panel events and workshops as part of Roundhouse Rising festival for emerging artists.
- Opportunities to see live shows at the Roundhouse for free
- The chance to work towards a Bronze Arts Award
- Advice and support around your next steps into education, employment or training
- Access to Roundhouse’s other incredible projects, work experience, and opportunities to develop your interests and discover new ones…
Lunch & travel expenses provided. We can also help with childcare costs – let us know if you need this in your application.
Dates and Times:
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 25th Feb – 10th April 2015
Sessions run 10am – 5pm + culminate in an evening performance at the end of the final week
Find out more – come to a taster session at the Roundhouse: Friday 6 Feb, or watch a short film about a previous OnTrack project.
To apply for the project you will need to fill out an application form (submission deadline: Tuesday 10 Feb) and attend an interview day on Thurs 12 Feb. See How to Enrol section for more info plus contact details for any questions.